NO COMPUTER? WE CAN HELP YOU FILE FOR D.C. UNEMPLOYMENT!
Call us at 240-241-0897, (Ext. 1 for English and Ext. 2 para español)
To complete your application for D.C. unemployment benefits, you will need to have the following information readily available:
● An email address
● Your social security number.
● Your most recent employer’s name, address, phone number and dates of employment.
● Your Alien Registration Number, if you are not a US Citizen
● Your DD214, if you are ex-military
● Your Standard Form 8 or Standard Form 50, if you are a former federal employee
● Severance pay information (only applicable if you did or will receive severance pay)
Note: If you lack legal status to work in the U.S., you will not be eligible for unemployment
Note: You are not eligible if you voluntarily quit your job unless it is unsafe for you to work or you have a medical reason.
Note: Gig workers, self-employed, and independent contractors, don’t file yet because D.C.cannot handle those claims.